How Meditation Changed My Life Positively
By Robin Liu
SoulCentre Certified Meditation Teacher
30th November 2018
Learning meditation for my own growth and benefit, and eventually becoming a teacher who could teach this valuable skill to others, changed my life beyond belief.
Learning and practicing meditation daily is one of the greatest skills that I have acquired, and being a meditation teacher allows me to use this skill to scale even greater heights. To become a meditation teacher who can teach this ancient wisdom convincingly and confidently while exhibiting authenticity, one has to walk the talk. Hence, much effort is invested into understanding, applying and practicing the wisdom and tools in my own life. This resulted in me enjoying maximum benefits of meditation and wisdom. I will mention some of these benefits below, but first let me touch on the 3 main changes I experienced by becoming a certified meditation teacher at SoulCentre under my wisdom coach Vikas Malkani.
One of the main changes I experienced while training to become a meditation teacher, is gaining such in-depth knowledge that meditation literally becomes a second nature. It is one thing to practice and understand the wisdom and techniques of meditation, but it is another to be able to communicate it effectively to another person, and explaining it well so as not to let my own wisdom lineage and mentor down. Hence, for me the learning does not stop with completing all the necessary classes and certification criteria, but is a continuous learning process through observing my teacher in action, reading the recommended wisdom texts and books, and deeper research into various aspects of meditation.
During this continuous learning process, the changes in my outlook on the purpose of life become even more profound. These changes allowed me to remain focused and find a positive perspective in any negative situation or environment. This massively improved the relationship I have with people I work with, and more importantly, my family. It also helped me to remain grounded with focus and clarity when I started to create a business of my own.
The most distinct positive change I noticed in me when I become a meditation teacher was that my confidence exploded. Having to teach others and be accountable for what you teach is such a great privilege and responsibility; imagine the impact of this thought on my confidence. I can humbly say that my confidence grew 10X during my training to become a meditation teacher and soon after that when I started teaching this wisdom to others.
And because of the clarity I have experienced through my own meditation practice, I know that wisdom and meditation is what I have to bring to the world. As I started teaching and delivered talks on the topic of meditation, my confidence increased even further. The more I teach, the more confident I become, which then leads me to teaching even more. It has become a virtuous cycle of life and I am growing on a daily basis.
Everyone must learn Meditation as it gives us so many benefits. As my teacher Vikas Malkani has mentioned many times, meditation is probably one of most important life skills that one can acquire to go through life with happiness, inner peace and success. It is wrong to see meditation from a religious point of view, because in reality meditation is a systematic and scientific process of understanding ourselves and training our mind and emotions to create the results we want in our life.
Many of the benefits of meditation have been proven scientifically and also backed by evidence from medical, neuroscience and psychological research.
Here are some of the benefits that I have personally experienced from bringing meditation into my daily life:
1) Increased Self Awareness - I better understand myself in why I speak, think, act and feel the way I do in situations. This allows me to have better control of myself and get better results in both positive and negative situations;
2) Improved Relationships - I stopped judging people and situations. Instead of judging, I learnt to accept the situation and people as what they are, look for the positive in them and choose my responses. It stops me from reacting, being triggered and losing control of my thoughts and actions;
3) Stable Emotions - With mediation, I am better at managing my own emotions. This comes about with an increased self-awareness, being able to have the clarity and having the presence of mind to first accept the situation as it is, before choosing the best action to take;
4) Improved Focus - Meditation practice teaches a person to focus. Being able to focus enabled me to cut through the clutter and regroup my mind once it starts to dart from one thing to another. This skill allows me to complete my tasks faster and become more efficient; and
5) Inner Peace - With meditation, I am able to allow my mind to rest and always have the opportunity to slow down. This brings peace to my mind that results in happiness and well-being emitting from within. This deep sense of peace and well-being can be achieved by anyone with regular practice of meditation.
Meditation is one of the best skills that I have learnt, and becoming a meditation teacher at SoulCentre with Vikas as my teacher, is one of the best decisions I have made.
I have reaped many benefits on this journey of meditation, of which I have only listed 5. I highly recommend anyone who has not learnt meditation to start doing so as soon as possible
The sooner you start training your mind with meditation, the sooner you can master your destiny!
Meditation Teacher Training at SoulCentreView: 589
- 23 comments